‘I believe that in each generation God has called enough men and women to evangelise all the yet unreached tribes of the earth. It is not God who does not call. It is man who will not respond!’ Isobel Kuhn, missionary with the China Inland Mission
If Kuhn is right,* then spending some time considering mission work – and whether it’s right for you – is something every Christian should do. If you are in the process of exploring, here are a few places to have a look:
- The Missions Untold website is designed precisely for people exploring mission work. This article, 10 signs you might be called to be a missionary, is a good starting point.
- Ask a Missionary has lots of different answers to the question ‘How can I know if God is leading me to be a missionary?’ from experienced mission workers.
- If you have a strong idea about moving into Christian ministry, whether overseas or in the UK, the questionnaires and guidelines on the Christian Vocations website might help to encourage or challenge your thinking.
- Our Wycliffe website has information about different roles within Wycliffe, events to help you explore and frequently asked questions about becoming a Wycliffe worker.
- Watch (again?) this video from OMF to re-encourage and inspire about the urgent call to go.
Do you have questions about what going with Wycliffe looks like and if it’s the fit for you? Get in touch.
* She’s not the only one to say things like this – read this blog for some more of our favourite quotes.