We all know that money can’t buy happiness or mission work… but it can help. And in an age of instant money transfer and worldwide connectivity, it’s never been easier to give.
Mission Catalyst has come up with a list of 75 creative ways you can ‘put your money to missional use’. Here are ten of their ideas to get you thinking about how you could serve God with your pennies and pounds…
1. Give your pastor an Amazon gift card and a list of 25 missions books you’d recommend.
2. Buy clothes and a pay for a professional photo for a young missions speaker/writer.
3. Upgrade a mission worker’s phone. Or car!
4. Pay for dental work for a cross-cultural worker.
5. Pay for a willing pastor to go on a vision trip to someplace where he won’t preach (just learn).
6. Buy a pair of walking shoes and use them to prayerwalk your city.
7. Send a worker couple to a marriage seminar.
8. Purchase a life insurance policy and make your favorite mission agency the beneficiary.
9. Pay for the person behind you in a fast-food drive through.
10. Send video tech to a worker friend at the ends of the earth to help her tell great stories of God’s work in her midst.
Do you have another idea about how to give to mission? Leave a note to share it in the comments box.