Aims of the role
As a Wycliffe volunteer speaker, you will be out and about sharing some of the amazing stories of what God is doing through Bible translation, inviting people to join with us in making it possible for many more around the world to know Jesus through the Bible. As part of our team of passionate and gifted communicators, you might be speaking in a church on a Sunday morning, or to a smaller group at a midweek meeting. You will receive full training and all the resources you’ll need – and our Church Relations team will always be on hand to offer support and advice.
- deliver presentations, with or without multimedia, to churches or groups;
- stay up to date with Wycliffe’s news, campaigns and priorities;
- distribute and collect Gift Aid envelopes and/or response slips where appropriate;
- forward any money or forms to your regional Wycliffe office in accordance with guidelines.
- passionate about Wycliffe’s aims;
- able to speak with passion and confidence in public;
- willing to do at least four speaking engagements a year;
- willing to travel up to an hour from your home to a speaking engagement;
- able to maintain confidentiality;
- confident in using presentation tools such as Powerpoint is helpful (but we can provide training).
- complete application form (Apply here);
- informal interview;
- two references.
Reports to: Regional manager
If you have any questions about being a volunteer speaker, please do contact us on email@example.com.